1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
The Core principles of what makes an excellent lesson in Llanwern High School
Meet Greet Seat
- Engaging starter activity set, with differentiated learning objectives
- High expectations of all the pupils in the class using positive language to produce a positive and productive learning environment.
- Speak to every pupil in the class and ensure that all pupils make progress.
- Use emerging technologies and learning assistants effectively.
- Differentiated tasks are set to meet the needs of all learners, with effective questioning used to support and challenge all learners including the most able.
- Make the best use of time and pace in the lessons
- Ensure pupils know how to improve by reviewing their learning regularly. Use a variety of AFL strategies including peer learning, Feedback and Directed Improvement and Reflection Time (DIRT).
- A variety of skills are incorporated into all lessons, including metacognition, strands from the Literacy and Numeracy Framework etc.
- Apply the school’s agreed behaviour management policy and assertive discipline techniques.
- The plenary should be used for feedback, reflection and forward planning. Relevant homework should be set.