School meals at Llanwern are provided by Chartwells Catering.
Menu’s – September 2021
Which pupils are able to receive free school meals?
Free school meals are available to eligible pupils who attend school full-time. This includes:
- Younger children who attend nursery for full days
- Children attending primary or secondary schools
- Sixth form school pupils
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit to 31 March 2019, Universal Credit 1 from 1 April 2019,
- Universal Credit – provided your household has an annualised net earned income2 of no more than £7,400 (as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- If your children receive Income-related Employment and Support Allowance, Income Support or Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance in their own right, they could also be able to receive free school meals.
For children/young people to be eligible to receive free school meals: you, as a parent/guardian, or your child, must receive the relevant benefit or support payment you should have submitted an application for free school meals to the local authority (or an application should have been submitted on your behalf)
How to apply
To apply for Free School Meals there is a link on the Newport City Council website listed below.
If you wish to apply directly via the website you need to click on the red button which says Apply for free school meals. You will then be asked to log on after clicking the button. You are able to do this by clicking on Guest.
Alternatively you can download and print off the application form using the link below.
This needs to be delivered in person to the following address-
Housing Benefit Team
Copies of the application form are also available from the Information Station or alternatively at Llanwern High School from reception or Mr Jackson (firstname.lastname@example.org) if there are further changes to your circumstances during the next school year.
The school operates a cashless till system. All pupils are provided with a dinner card which they add money to using the top-up machines on site or on-line via the ParentPay system. For further information on Parent Pay or to top-up a dinner card please click here: